Reds and greens certainly reflect the season, but overdo this color combo, and your wedding may seem more holiday-oriented than you intended.
What’s Hot Now: Consider a less-is-more approach to your color palette: Silver and white with crystal accents can add some serious glamour to your winter wedding. For your ceremony, try a white velvet aisle runner trimmed with white satin ribbon, or decorate the altar with a crystal curtain backdrop adorned with hanging strands of elegant white phalaenopsis orchids. If you’re exchanging vows outdoors, get your guests in on creating the ambience by giving out clear umbrellas to friends and family members as they arrive.
Since winter weddings are usually held indoors (it’s an ideal time for ballroom receptions), they often call for a more formal invitations.
What’s Hot Now: A black-tie event is nicely conveyed by heavy cardstock and a navy blue, chocolate-brown, or even eggplant font with hand calligraphy. For a fresh way to achieve a formal tone for your winter wedding, use thick, frosted Plexiglas invitations in white scripted ink. Send the sturdy invites out to all your guests tucked into silver envelope liners.
A winter cocktail hour calls for warm, comforting drinks. You really can’t go wrong with hot chocolate and warm apple cider, but it’s your wedding — why not take every opportunity (drinks included) to add an element of surprise?
What’s Hot Now: Serve up white hot chocolate in small espresso cups and eggnog in small punch glasses for your guests as they arrive. At the bar, offer saketinis (Japanese rice wine and sweet-flavored vodka) in glasses rimmed with sugar crystals.
- Friday’s Favorites: Winter Wedding Goodness: Etsy Treasury Roundup (bellememorie.wordpress.com)
- Wedding Invitation Etiquette 101 (crane.com)
- The Ultimate Wedding Dictionary: Everything You Need To Know While Planning Yours (shefinds.com)
- Winter Wedding Guest Attire (myeweddingsrentals.com)
- In Demand: Ivory (csicolorworld.com)
- Types of Orchids – Phalaenopsis and Dendrobiums (proflowers.com)
- Winter White Wedding (celiabedilia.com)